- Download Wookiye Poster here
- View the Wóokiye Project Informational ZOOM Meeting held 03/30/20 here.
- View / Download Powerpoint from the ZOOM Meeting Here.
The Wóokiye Project includes three pilot schools and 20 Wóokiye Teachers. These teachers will receive training this summer and will be participants in required monthly virtual meetings. Each will be paid $1500 for the year.
The three pilot schools will also get schoolwide PD.
The project will begin August 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year.
The goal of this effort is to create and Implement a network of support that will help, aid, and assist teachers as they become proficient in using the Oceti Sakowin Essential Understandings (OSEU).
Provide additional support in creating resources that support OSEU standards, and to seek out schools and teachers that are currently implementing OSEU standards.
DOE leads and funds a State mentoring program to support first and second year teachers. The Wóokiye project will collaborate with DOE and TIE to provide training and support to three pilot schools with Indigenous student populations
- Creating OSEU lessons and schoolwide plans
- Modeling of culturally responsive classroom instruction
- Culturally responsive training /cultural proficiency
- Development of shared leadership/vision
- Wóopȟe Sakowin training in culturally responsive classroom management